This week, Steve explains the basic load requirement to design a box culvert – Self weight of precast box culvert, vertical weight such as fill as most box culverts are buried and earth pressure.
He briefly explains vehicular, pedestrian loads including braking or tracking load detail.
If you have a query for the Shay Murtagh Precast team email email@example.com
Question 10 – What loads does a typical box culvert carry?
Next week Steve will discuss: What practical measures can be taken to optimise precast concrete box culvert design?
You can contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org where we can assist with your design query.
Box Culvert Video Questions
- How does a precast concrete box culvert work?
- What is the function of the joint between the box culverts?
- What are the typical steps in design of precast concrete box culverts?
- What design codes do Shay Murtagh Precast use to design precast concrete box culverts?
- What loads does a typical box culvert carry?
- What practical measures can be taken to optimise precast concrete box culvert design?
- What other structural types of precast concrete box culverts do shay Murtagh precast manufacture?
You can also LinkedIn to Steve at: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/steven-lowe/29/637/709
We look forward to your comments.
We will be producing a new series of educational videos in the near future – if you would like to be informed of these when available fill in the form and we will notify you.