Following the successful rigorous assessment carried out on 22 October 2012, we are delighted to inform you that Shay Murtagh Precast is now a FORS Bronze accredited company. The Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme (FORS) is an accreditation scheme that aims to improve freight delivery in London and throughout the UK. Its purpose is to raise
- Posted by Gillian Murtagh Posted on 24 Apr 2013 0 Comments Read More
Steve briefly explains the layout, structure and detail included for bridge beam design as based on our manual launched in 2011. He also points out significant areas to be noted such as the Designers Checklist.
- Posted by Gillian Murtagh Posted on 17 Apr 2013 0 Comments Read More
Vivienne Murtagh the Shay Murtagh Precast Health and Safety Manager as part of the Mullingar Riding Club Team took first prize in the Association of Riding Clubs All Ireland Show Jumping Final in August last at the RDS Dublin Horse show.
- Posted by Gillian Murtagh Posted on 16 Apr 2013 0 Comments Read More
This project consisted of the manufacture of a bridge deck unit, two bedstones and five ballast containers for UB168. The deck unit was 5.17m wide by 10.55m long with a 475mm deep slab and 500mm wide parapets. It was cast as a single monolithic unit and weighed 89T. The bedstones weighed 28.4T and were cast
- Posted by Gillian Murtagh Posted on 13 Apr 2013 0 Comments Read More
Precast Concrete Culvers and Portal Frames Video Blog This week Steve details the other applications of precast concrete culverts. Examples include structures such as UAN and portal frames.
- Posted by Gillian Murtagh Posted on 10 Apr 2013 0 Comments Read More
This week, Steve takes a look at the different ways to optimise box culvert design such as exposure class, cover to reinforcement and the detail of waterproofing. Also the use of high grade high strength concrete and its effect on stress limit checks.
- Posted by Gillian Murtagh Posted on 03 Apr 2013 0 Comments Read More