Shay Murtagh were recently contracted by Irish Rail to manufacture and deliver a number of precast concrete bridge components for upgrade works on the Dublin to Cork line. The original bridge had fallen into disrepair and needed to be replaced with the new structure, OBC206.
Shay Murtagh Precast manufactured the following units:
- 2 Type A Cill Beams weighing 15 Tonnes each
- 2 External and 3 Internal Conarches ranging from 15-21 Tonnes
- 2 Parapet Units weighing 28 Tonnes
- 26 Individual Approach Wall Sections
- 2 Ballast Retainer Walls
The parapet units, approach walls and retainer walls were expertly finished with a traditional stone cladding. This was designed to complement the aesthetic of the Irish countryside and reflect one of Ireland’s most distinctive features – the traditional stone wall.
Delivered to site and installed on schedule on Sunday 10th July the project was completed on time with minimal disruption to rail services.
Delighted to work with Irish Rail on another successful installation and project completion. We look forward to our next collaboration.Gillian is the Marketing Director for Shay Murtagh Precast. The company's problem solving capacities allow us to give off site solutions to once insitu contracts which in turn speeds up project completion.
Working in conjunction with all divisions of the company she challenges industry norms in marketing.
Latest posts by Gillian Murtagh (see all)
Posted by Gillian Murtagh Posted on 30 Nov 2016
- LIME STREET STATION PROJECT, ORIGINALLY OPENED BY THE QUEEN GETS A NEW LEASE OF LIFE WITH EVANS BY SHAY MURTAGH BESPOKE CONCRETE. - 05/04/2018
- International Womens Day, Thursday 8th March 2018 - 08/03/2018
- Shay Murtagh Precast Complete Canadian Contract with confidence and professionalism - 05/02/2018